1.Bad Religion calls evil good and good evil. 2. Bad Religion goes soft on sin. 3. Bad Religion makes excuses for sins (God does not forgive excuses. God forgives sin.)
4. Bad Religion condones what God condemns. 5. Bad Religion denies that the Blood of Jesus is necessary for salvation. 6. Justifies carnal living. 7. Bad Religion says there is more than one way to Heaven.
Bad Religion: Are you getting the picture? This was written to those born into Jewish Faith: Hebrews 10:26-31, MSG, If we give up and turn our backs on all we’ve learned, all we’ve been given, all the truth we now know, we repudiate Christ’s sacrifice and are left on our own to face the Judgment—and a mighty fierce judgment it will be! If the penalty for breaking the law of Moses is physical death, what do you think will happen if you turn on God’s Son, spit on the sacrifice that made you whole, and insult this most gracious Spirit? This is no light matter. God has warned us that he’ll hold us to account and make us pay. He was quite explicit: “Vengeance is mine, and I won’t overlook a thing” and “God will judge his people.” Nobody’s getting by with anything, believe me.
8. Bad Religion will believe Lies and be damned. 9. Bad Religion thinks that God desires sacrifice and works without mercy.
Listen to His rebuke: Matthew 9:9-13, Passing along, Jesus saw a man at his work collecting taxes. His name was Matthew. Jesus said, “Come along with me.” Matthew stood up and followed him. Later when Jesus was eating supper at Matthew’s house with his close followers, a lot of disreputable characters came and joined them. When the Pharisees saw him keeping this kind of company, they had a fit, and lit into Jesus’ followers. “What kind of example is this from your Teacher, acting cozy with crooks and riffraff?”. Jesus, overhearing, shot back, “Who needs a doctor: the healthy or the sick? Go figure out what this Scripture means: ‘I’m after mercy, not religion.’ I’m here to invite outsiders, not coddle insiders.”
9. Bad Religion has a spirit of entitlement that blinds men when it comes to gratitude. 10. Bad Religion Has a form of Godliness but denies the power thereof.
Luke, 17:11-19, MSG It happened that as he made his way toward Jerusalem, he crossed over the border between Samaria and Galilee. As he entered a village, ten men, all lepers, met him. They kept their distance but raised their voices, calling out, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!” Taking a good look at them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” They went, and while still on their way, became clean. One of them, when he realized that he was healed, turned around and came back, shouting his gratitude, glorifying God. He kneeled at Jesus’ feet, so grateful. He couldn’t thank him enough—and he was a Samaritan. Jesus said, “Were not ten healed? Where are the nine? Can none be found to come back and give glory to God except this outsider?” Then he said to him, “Get up. On your way. Your faith has healed and saved you.” The Samaritan had a mixed religion. He was just surviving with those he had a mutual crisis. PAIN AND DISEASE IS A GLOBAL MALADY.11. Bad Religion has a form of Godliness but denies the power thereof. 12. Bad Religion is known by bad fruit.13. Bad Religion comes with enticing words of men’s wisdom and not in demonstration and power of the spirit.14. Bad Religion is more about crowning the flesh than it is crucifying it with its affections and lust.
15. Bad Religion says, “Four months then comes the harvest.” 16. Bad Religion says, “Our lord delays His coming.” 17. Bad Religion marginalizes what God centralizes. 18. Bad Religion stresses talk instead of walk. 19. Bad Religion masters in compromise and minors in the Great Commission. 20. Bad Religion sacrifices to the Lord that which cost them nothing. 21. Bad Religion offers to God imperfect, un-inspected and inferior gifts when God gave us His very best, THE LAMB SLAIN FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH. 22. Bad Religion brings God a portion knowing God ask for all. 23. Bad Religion is a religion of Compromise and God hates a Compromiser. 24. Bad Religion loses what it Compromises to keep. 25. Bad Religion always looks for loop holes instead of buying the truth and selling it not. 26. Bad Religion talks the talk but never totally walks the walk. 27. Bad Religion uses grace talk as a ticket to heaven and a license for sin. 28. Bad Religion gives sinners false hope. 29. Bad Religion like sin will take you further than you want to go, cost you more than you wanted to pay and keep you longer than you want to stay.
30. Bad Religion is like a lullaby, which sings you to sleep when the cry is, AWAKE YOU WHO ARE SLEEPING, REDEEM THE TIME FOR THE DAYS ARE EVIL. 31. Bad Religion tells you ,you are OK, when you are left to wonder; COMPARED TO WHAT? 32. Bad Religion removes ancient landmarks and changes rules to accommodate their lifestyles. 33. Bad Religion is all about what happens inside the Temple/Church. IF EACH HAD OUR WAY THE BIBLE WOULD BE TO PLEASE BOTH YOU AND ME AND CHRIST WOULD NOT DIE IN A CROSS OF WOOD BUT WOULD RULE THE EARTH AS WE KNOW HE SHOULD IF HE WOULD NOT SHAVE OR CUT HIS HAIR WE WOULD KICK HIM OUT OF HIS HEAVENLY CHAIR. AND GOING TO CHURCH, WHY WASTE OUR TIME WE COULD ALWAYS MAIL IN THE GIFT OF A DIME. Did you ever stop to think about the fact that God started out dealing with Bad Religion at 12 years of age and Bad Religion crucified him at 33.He faced Bad Religion every day of His life and pointed out it is one thing to cleanse the outside of the cup and not the inside which is more critical. He called the religious Whitened Sepulchers, a small room or monument, cut in rock or built of stone, in which a dead person is laid or buried. Bad Religion is like a grave with no promise of resurrection.
The opposite of Bad Religion is to be, Like Jesus, it is as simple as that.
I believe in you and as we Enter this Holiday Season our theme is the opposite of BAD RELIGION.
JOY TO THE WORLD, THE LORD IS COME!!!
Pastor Cleddie & GayNell