To all those who share life with us, in some way, Happy New Year, to each and every one of you
I wanted to fill your mind and heart with expectations as we approach the Year of our Lord 2022. I decided I would share with you my NOTE TO SELF, which may last longer than a new year’s
Note to self-2022:
These are random thoughts I have catalogued along the way.
1. Remember, no one really loves a warrior until there is an enemy at the door.
2. Remember, it is useless to continue trying to recycle what god has decided to replace.
3. Remember Cleddie, it is better to be annoyingly positive and incurably optimistic than to be destructively critical and negative and hateful.
With Capital Letters, remember.
“THINK ABOUT THIS. WRAP YOUR MINDS AROUND IT.
THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS. TAKE IT TO HEART.
REMEMBER YOUR HISTORY,
YOUR LONG AND RICH HISTORY.
I AM GOD, THE ONLY GOD YOU’VE HAD OR EVER WILL HAVE—
FROM THE VERY BEGINNING
TELLING YOU WHAT THE ENDING WILL BE,
ALL ALONG LETTING YOU IN
ON WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN,
ASSURING YOU, ‘I’M IN THIS FOR THE LONG HAUL,
I’LL DO EXACTLY WHAT I SET OUT TO DO,”
4. Note to self: trust in god’s timing, rely always on his promises, wait for his answers, believe in his miracles, rejoice in his goodness, and above all relax in his presence. (get lost in it and your problems will vanish your night’s turn to days)
5. Remember what Hosea had to say about what god is really after.
“I’m after love that lasts, NOT MORE RELIGION”. Hosea 6:6
God Can Do It Just Like... THAT!
AND FINALLY, CLEDDIE REMEMBER,
IT WAS GRACE THAT CARRIED YOU THIS FAR AND BY GRACE YOU CAN CARRY
To all those who and alongside us and are privileged to walk by faith and not by sight, rememberthat grace is our greatest need. 2022 here we come blazing for Jesus with hearts filled with love for God and mankind. Good Bye, 2021 and it may be smart to remember your front wind shield is a lot bigger than your rear-view window.
We love you and are blessed to have you in our lives, We would not want it any other way, at this point in my life I have lived in Kentucky longer than I lived in Texas, so does that make me a briar hopper?
Pastor Cleddie and GayNell