It is one thing to have an encounter with God; it is another thing to make him known. Check out this list of men who had God encounters and then ask yourself what can I do to make Him known?
- “The Lord appeared to Abram and said...” Genesis 17:13
- Jacob said, “ I have seen God face to face.” Genesis 32:30
- “Now the Lord came and stood and called me as at other times, Samuel! Samuel!” 1Samuel 3:10
- Elijah had a God encounter with God by His still small voice. 1Kings 19: 12-13
- Ezekiel, who saw things in technicolor visions said, “The heavens were opened and I saw the visions of God. “ Ezekiel 1:1
- Who said, “I have heard about you with the hearing of the ear, but now my eyes see you”? Job 42:5
- Isaiah said, “Mine eyes have seen the King the Lord of Host.“ Isaiah 6:5
- Peter said a voice came to him saying, “Rise, Peter. The disciples’ eyes were opened and they knew Him.“
- Paul fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul why are you persecuting, Me?“
- In Revelations John heard, turned, and saw...“One like the Son of Man.” Revelation 1:12-13
It is God’s desire for all men to have an encounter with Him, and once you have had such an experience, it is your responsibility to make God known. That is the ultimate mission of the church, TO KNOW GOD AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN.
The reason that some never can really come in to a genuine encounter with God is that man has a weakness of seeking for his own glory. If you will live your life to make Him known, His glory will shine through you. We are merely reflectors of His great glory, and when He is glorified we should be satisfied. Our message should be clear and simple, “RISE SHINE, GIVE GOD THE GLORY, GLORY, SOLDIERS OF THE CROSS”.
We believe in you!
Cleddie and GayNell Keith