Will you join me in calling out for great and mighty things? A friend of mine, Scott Hinkle, jogged my memory when it comes to what An Appeal to Heaven requires on our part.
- When the Providence of God indicates that a revival is at hand.
- When the wickedness of the wicked grieves and humbles and distresses Christians.
- A revival may be expected when Christians have a spirit of prayer for revival.
- Another sign that revival is expected is when the attention of ministers is especially directed to this objective, and when their preaching and other efforts are aimed, particularly, at the conversion of sinners.
- A revival of religion may be expected when Christians confess their sins one to another.
- A revival may be expected whenever Christians are found willing to make the sacrifices to carry it on.
- A revival may be expected when ministers and professors are willing to have God promote it by whatever instrument He pleases.
- Strictly, I should say, that when the aforementioned things occur, a revival, to some extent, already exists.
I am convinced that as we put aside distracting activities, prioritizing calling out to God...He will answer! He says "Call unto me and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you know not”. Jeremiah 33:3