Each year many new believers are introduced to the amazing world of the Bible, and a lifetime of study begins. This will prove yourself to be a true believer by a correct application of the truth you have learned. You will learn a great deal more if you begin by studying Genesis Chapter 3, where the seeds of Divine Revelation are sown. You will find major doctrines of the scripture in seed form. Some have even called this the Seed Plot of the Bible.
Early on in my walk with God, I came across the name of Dr. Arthur Pink. Here is what he has to say as he speaks of Genesis, Chapter 3 in his book, Gleanings From Genesis (pg. 33).
- Here we find the divine explanation of the present fallen and ruined condition of our race.
- Here we learn of the subtle devices of our enemy, the devil.
- Here we behold the utter powerlessness of man to walk in the
path of righteousness when divine grace is withheld from him.
- Here we discover the spiritual effects of sin, i.e., man seeking to
flee from God.
- Here we discern the attitude of God toward the guilty sinner.
- Here we mark the universal tendency of human nature to cover
its own moral shame by a device of man’s own handiwork.
- Here we are taught of the gracious provision which God has
made to meet our great need.
- Here begins that marvelous stream of prophecy, which runs all
through the Holy Scriptures.
- Here we learn that man cannot approach God except through a
As I have watched the political atmosphere in the 2020 elections worldwide and observed present-day philosophy, I realized there is a struggle for dominion. Don’t you think it is interesting that you can go back to the book of Genesis and find the root of this struggle? Or, should I call it what the Bible calls it, i.e., “I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed; it shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.”
I WANT YOU TO NOTICE SOMETHING HERE WHERE YOU WILL NEVER READ IT THE SAME WAY AGAIN. Read it again; HER SEED. Can you see it? HER SEED. WHAT IS SO IMPORTANT ABOUT THIS? “HER SEED” DEMANDED A VIRGIN.
It is the SEED BOOK that introduces us in Genesis 3:15 to “THE SEED”. This verse speaks of the Son of God. My friend, we all should remember that the story of Abraham taking Isaac up to Mount Moriah was a picture of the sacrifice of God’s Son for the sin of the whole world. “Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love.” Genesis 22:2
Let this ring in your ears, “The only begotten of the Father.”
Follow the PATH laid down for those who walk by faith in the book of Genesis. How many, like me, are glad there was a ladder for a man like Jacob, and the top of that ladder reached into heaven?
I believe the Word, I believe in the Word in You.
Your loving pastors,
Cleddie and GayNell